Posted by Paul Haag
Most companies that track sales in Dynamics 365 for Sales, formerly known as Dynamics CRM, like the global search feature and want to see opportunities in the results. However, in some organizations, especially after upgrading for the first time, even though the global search has been configured to include opportunities and the searched for account does actually have some open opportunities, none are retuned in the search results.
This is typically because the Opportunity’s “Find Columns” don’t actually include the Account. To add it:
- Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System.
- Expand Entities > Opportunity.
- Click on Views.
- Find the view with the Type of Quick Find View and open it.
- Click the Add Find Columns link in the view definition that opens.
- Mark the Account column and click OK (you might want to mark the Contact column instead if you associate your opportunities with contacts instead of accounts).
- Click, “Save and Close.”
- Click, “Publish All Customizations,” back in the solution window.
Your search will now include the account's opportunities.
One other thing to note about the Quick Find View is that it also controls how records for a particular entity are displayed in the global search results. The first three columns selected are what show as the three lines of information for each record and the records are listed in the order specified in its sorting options.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.